Taking Care of Ourselves, our Families & our Environment
Tuesday, March 28, 2017
Wide Legged Pants Tutorial (EZ Pattern)
2 metres (2.2 yards) of fabric, we used a nice flowy rayon
elastic to fit your waist
a pair of wide leg trousers or pyjama pants to use as the template.
1. Cut your fabric into two pieces lengthways. Then fold it on half. Place the long edge of your trousers on the folded edge of the fabric, as shown below.
2. Cut around the other side to mirror the crotch of the trousers. Do this again so you have two pieces.
3. Pin your pieces together along both curved edges.
4. The pinned product will look like this.
5. Now for the sort of tricky bit. Switch the outside seams around so they are in the middle of the garment and facing each other. Then pin the leg seams together on opposite sides.
Once you’ve done all the pinning your basic trousers will be created.
6. All you have to do next is to sew the pinned seams, sew the hems and then do an elasticated waistband using this method (fold over the sew down the waistband casing and them thread with elastic). Too easy!
Cover the waistband to give them a polished look. Dress the finish product up with some nice accessories and no one will be the wiser about how easy (and inexpensive) these are.